Intro to Dog Agility Training ClassesEnroll
In our Intro to Dog Agility training classes, your dog will begin to learn the basics of agility.Agility Overview
Agility is a wonderful outlet for your dog. In agility, your dog essentially goes through an obstacle course that includes jumps, an A-frame, weave poles, a teeter-totter, a chute, a tunnel, and a pause table.
Agility is excellent for teaching your dog to listen and follow your direction. It is also great exercise, and is mentally stimulating. It's also a lot of fun for the humans!
In the Intro to Agility Training Class, your dog will learn to:
- Go over jumps, which can be set at any height that you want
- Go through a tunnel, which can be shortened or expanded to any distance that you want
- Go through a chute, which can be shortened or expanded to any distance that you want
- Go over the A-frame, which will be at a gentle angle so your dog is successful
- Go over the teeter-totter, which will be set at a gentle angle so it doesn't slam down when reaching the end
- Go on the pause table, and learn to wait patiently for several seconds before dismounting
- Go through the tire jump, which will be lowered so your dog goes through successfully
Please note that in this course, all dogs must stay on leash, and will work on different stations for several minutes at a time.
Introducing your dog to the equipment and commands will help prepare him for more advanced agility work, eventually leading to off-leash work.
Is there a behavior you're looking to cover but don't see it listed? Call us at 312-829-8787. It may be covered in this or another course, or in private lessons.
How To Enroll
Prices & Upcoming Dates