Our TrainerGet Started
David Roos, CPDT-KA
- David has been involved with training since 1999. He owned his own training business in San Francisco, as well as Palm Springs, for 18 years. In his business, he worked with dogs and customers on all issues ranging from basic obedience to aggression and everywhere in between. The business was voted "Best Dog Training and Doggy Daycare" by San Francisco Magazine.
- He graduated from the very prestigious San Francisco SPCA Academy for Dog Trainers. This academy provides comprehensive and leading edge education to dog trainers, behavior counselors and other companion dog professionals. It is considered by many to be the "Harvard for dog trainers." The academy is run by Jean Donaldson, one of the foremost trainers in the industry and the author of many leading books, including "The Culture Clash", "Dogs are from Neptune", "Fight", "Mine", "Oh Behave! Dogs From Pavlov to Premack to Pinker", and "Train Like a Pro". "The Culture Clash" was named the number one training and behavior book by The Association of Pet Dog Trainers.
Certifications earned through the San Francisco SPCA Academy:
- Certificate in Training and Counseling (CTC).
- Graduate of Special Topics in Advanced Counseling Program (STAC). STAC establishes diagnosis, prognosis, management and modification for on- and off-leash aggression, and dogs that are fearful of or aggressive to unfamiliar people.
- Dog – Dog Aggression Certified
- Stranger Aggression & Social Fear Certified with Honors
- David's accreditation:
- Certification as a Certified Pet Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA) through the Certification Council for Pet Dog Trainers (CCPDT).
- Member of Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT).
- Member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC).
- He is a strong believer in positive reinforcement methods.
- He has trained various dogs of all breeds, size, ages, and issues ranging from extremely shy to highly aggressive. He uses a balanced approach that has proven very successful with dogs of all sizes and drives.
- He loves helping people succeed and achieve all of their goals they have set for themselves and their dogs.
Ready to transform your dog?