Private Dog Training LessonsTucker Pup's offers private dog training lessons in addition to group classes.
Private lessons may be necessary when classes aren't enough to help your dog work out the kinks, or if you don't have time for a class week after week. This can be especially useful with issues such as aggression, resource guarding, or continued potty accidents, which requires much more time and a different environment than a group class allows. Private lessons are also helpful if you are trying to work on a specific issue and don't need to cover everything that might be taught in a group class.
Private lessons are provided by our training instructor, Mark Julias (view Mark's bio). Mark can set up a consultation and help you develop a road map to success, using as many or as few lessons as you need.
Types of topics covered in private lessons:
- Obedience, including but not limited to:
- Listen to you the first time, without repeating yourself
- Sit and stay
- Eye contact
- Coming to you when called
- Leave an item alone
- Lie down
- Go to a place in your home, such as a mat, to await further instruction
- Greet guests politely
- Walk with a loose leash
- Puppy potty training
- Crate training
- Keep four feet on the floor and not jumping on guests, furniture, your counter, etc.
- Play biting
- Let people handle paws, ears, tail, plus clip nails and dry with a towel or dryer
- Socialization and exercise
- Elevator manners
- New dog introduction to another pet or a baby
- Behavioral challenges, including but not limited to:
- Separation anxiety
- Biting dogs or people
- Chewing objects such as your couch
- Resource guarding
- Leash reactivity