Position: GroomerReturn to Open Positions
Tucker Pup's Pet Resort is one of the largest and nicest pet facilities in the country. We are growing, and are seeking a full-time dog groomer to start as soon as possible. You would be joining three other groomers and would have a full schedule of dogs right from the start.
Reasons to consider Tucker Pup's:
- Our compensation is typically much higher than groomers experience at other facilities.
- Our receptionists book all appointments
- We have experienced bather/dryers
- We have a high volume of dogs, including from daycare and boarding
- We have industry-leading facility features that you will love, including a separate drying room, a separate bathing room, Prima stations, great water pressure, and more
- We have an incredible technology platform that saves notes, photos, preferences, and much more
We have a large facility that provides dog grooming, daycare, boarding, and retail. We have won awards as the best groomer in all of Chicagoland, plus as best boarding and daycare in Chicago.
- We require at least two years of experience as a groomer who has cut hair. This is not a position for someone thinking about getting into grooming.
- All groomers who work here must be able to comfortably groom 10-12 dogs per 8-hour day with the assistance of a bather/dryer, if each dog hypothetically were to take one hour (obviously some breeds and dogs take longer than an hour, but this is the baseline). This means you must be relatively fast and decisive, but also deliver high quality.
Mondays: 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
Tuesdays: 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
Sundays: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Position available as of: Immediately
50% commission. Based on our volume, we do offer some of the highest compensation in the industry.
- Employee discount for all retail items
- Five free nights of boarding per year. If no boarding suites are available, you would need to bring a crate for your dog to sleep in at night.
- One free bath per month for your dog using our equipment and supplies, if you give the baths. Must be done during times when giving the bath would not disrupt our grooming schedule
- One week paid vacation for full-time employees once you have worked here for a year
- Time and a half if you work at events
All candidates must possess the following traits:
- First and foremost, you must love dogs. It's what we're all about.
- Professional appearance. Please note that our dress code applies to all employees here (dog handlers, groomers, receptionists, trainers, etc.) and does not allow for:
- Facial piercings while you work, due to safety hazard
- Tattoos that are excessive or located on your hands, neck, or face
- Gage earrings
- Hair that is dyed an unnatural color such as green or purple
- Very personable and professional with customers at all times.
- You must have a positive attitude and work well with other people. We don't hire people who are only good with dogs but aren't good with people.
- Ability to handle dogs in a positive way while commanding their respect. Verbal or physical abuse of any dog at any time will not be tolerated.
- "Presence" with the dogs, meaning they know you are in charge and are not a pushover.
- Responsible, reliable, and prompt. We have a "three-strikes" rule because in a retail environment, failure on any of these factors is not an option.
Please note that Tucker Pup's is a drug-free workplace. We reserve the right to conduct random drug tests over the course of time. If drugs are a part of your life, please don't apply.
We are located two blocks north of Randolph Street (right near Harpo Studios). Click here for more information about our location.
- Limited parking is available for employees.
- CTA Green and Pink line - Morgan Stop. The Green line connects to Clark and Lake (one stop away) and is therefore accessible by all the other lines.
- CTA Blue line - Grand Stop.
- CTA buses - Routes 65, 8, and 20 are the closest.
- We are just a short walk from the Loop.
Click here to check out your fastest route on the CTA website.