Leash Reactivity Dog Training ClassesEnroll
Does your dog growl, snap, or lunge at other dogs while on leash? Are you a "night walker," only going out at night because your dog cannot easily handle walking near others?
If so, you probably already know how challenging it can be to work on training - in order to build tolerance towards other dogs, you need to be around them, and this can make the problem worse. That's why the Leash Reactivity course is so great! You can practice being around other dogs, in a very controlled environment, where all the participants are in the same situation.
By the end of the 6-week course, many of the dogs can pass others and are much lower on the reactivity scale.
The course includes:
- Core training skills. The course teach core training skills such as loose leash walking, listening the first time, focusing on you, and more.
- Leash reactivity strategies. In-depth strategies for navigating potentially challenging situations when approaching another dog or other triggers.
- Large barriers. We use large barriers during class, to keep the dogs hidden from each other until they are brought out for various exercises, usually no more than one or two at a time in the beginning. These barriers help your dog become desensitized towards others, see each other from a distance, and learn to build trust.
- Class discussion.
- Why your dog may be reactive
- How and why dogs learn
- How many people uninentionally create unwanted behaviors in their dog
- How to successfully use your voice, posture, body language, and more
- Corrective techniques that work
- Training equipment and rewards that we recommend
- And much more
- Access to TrainTrack™
- Videos of the exercises taught in class
- Written descriptions of the the exercises taught in class
- The homework for each session
- Ability to log your exercises and keep track of what you need to work on next
- Equipment. To help ensure you are as sucessful as possible:
- Treat pouch
- Optional clicker
The room is spacious, the class size is small, and the trainer is highly experienced in helping dogs with reactivity issues.
Please note that this class is for dogs who are reactive towards other dogs, but not towards humans. If your dog has issues with humans, you should call us for private lessons.
Please also note that if your dog is simply excited when seeing other dogs, but not acting aggressively, this is probably not the right class for you. You might want one of our Manners classes or private lessons.
I recently completed the Leash Reactivity Course with David and learned a few new techniques to help my dog navigate situations that lead to reactivity. While continued training and consistently are going to be imperative to longer term success, David did a great job listening to each of our individual needs and making recommendations about handling technique to improve the way I interact with my dog.
- Stephanie Acker
Time duration: 1 hour per class
Ages: No age restrictions.
Requirements: Click here
Schedule and prices: Click here
Have questions? Call us at 312-829-8787, 365 days per year between 7am and 7pm
Not sure? You can have a free consultation with one of our experts to help decide if this is the right class for you
Don't delay - we take enrollment 365 days per year, and answer calls from 7am to 7pm each day. Any request submitted after 7pm will be processed the next morning. Classes fill up quickly.
- Upcoming classes and prices
- Classes in progress
- Classes vs. private lessons
- Why choose Tucker Pup's classes?