Therapy Dog TrainingGet Started
Tucker Pup's offers therapy dog training in Chicago, so you can take your dog to visit hospitals, nursing homes, and other organizations.Therapy dogs are able to visit certain hospitals, elder care facilities, community centers, and other organizations. People love interacting with therapy dogs, and it helps brings happiness and healing to their lives. When visiting any of these facilities, you would need to be present for the entire time, handling your dog.
Please note that "therapy dogs" are not to be confused with "service dogs," which help their owners with tasks such as bringing objects to them, turning on lights, assisting the blind, and so forth.
Participating facilities have certain requirements in order to bring your dog to them.
- Your dog must receive three certifications, which Tucker Pup's offers:
- Canine Good Citizen (CGC): This title includes signing a pledge about responsible dog ownerships, plus a 10-step test that covers basics such as accepting friendly strangers, sitting politely, coming when called, and more.
- AKC Community Canine (CGCA): This title has a 10-step test that is conducted in real life situations, which can include walking through a crowd on a busy sidewalk or in a local park.
- Urban Canine Good Citizen (CGCU): For this title, your dog must demonstrate CGC skills and beyond in an urban setting. The test is administered in a place where there are cars, streets to be crossed, noises, and distractions.
- In Chicago, you must apply through one of two organizations:
- Bring your dog to them at least one hour per 30 days
We offer a variety of services to help you meet these requirements:
- Group classes, such as puppy and adult manners
- Private lessons if necessary
- All of the certification tests mentioned above
Ready to transform your dog?