Puppy Manners / Obedience Training ClassesEnroll
Our Puppy Manners training class is very important for ensuring that your puppy develops crucial skills, listening, and self-control. You will thank yourself later, because when a puppy develops a strong foundation, it can make all the difference in your relationship for many years to come.
The course includes:
- Training skills. The course teaches skills such as listening to you the first time, walking without pulling, focusing on you, coming directly to you, waiting patiently before a command is given, not jumping on people, leaving items alone, handling feet and ears, and more.
- Off-leash socialization. Each class also includes play time, where the puppies get to run and play with the others off leash. This is important for building their socialization and confidence. The trainer will give you advice about what to allow and watch for during play, and how to correct your puppy's behavior in an effective manner. If you do not feel comfortable with off-leash play, it is fine to temporarily wait outside the room during this time.
Class discussion. A full discussion of important training topics such as:
- How and why dogs learn
- The importance and use of positive reinforcement
- How many people unintentionally create unwanted behaviors in their dog
- How to successfully use your voice, posture, body language, and more
- Corrective techniques that work
- Training equipment and rewards that we recommend
- And much more
- Access to TrainTrack™. Our proprietary online tool for supplementing your training instruction, that includes:
- Videos of all the exercises taught in class
- Written descriptions of all the exercises taught in class
- The homework for each session
- Ability to log your exercises and keep track of what you need to work on next
- Bonus materials
- Equipment. To help ensure you are as successful as possible:
- Treat pouch
- Optional clicker
You will be amazed at what your puppy can accomplish in only six weeks!
Jamie was a wonderful trainer! She was always offering additional tips and tricks throughout the class, and even suggestions for problems at home. My pup learned so quickly and his manners have taken a 180.
- Christine Puchalski
Time duration: 1 hour per class
Ages: 11 weeks to 6 months old when the course starts
Requirements: Click here
Schedule and prices: Click here
Have questions? Call us at 312-829-8787, 365 days per year between 7am and 7pm
Not sure? You can have a free consultation with one of our experts to help decide if this is the right class for you
Don't delay - we take enrollment 365 days per year, and answer calls from 7am to 7pm each day. Any request submitted after 7pm will be processed the next morning. Classes fill up quickly.
- Upcoming classes and prices
- Classes in progress
- Classes vs. private lessons
- Why choose Tucker Pup's classes?