Intermediate Dog Manners and Obedience ClassesEnroll
If you have taken our Puppy or Adult Manners course, this is the perfect next step in order to help your dog reach its potential.
Now that your dog knows the basics, it's time to make all of the exercises much more challenging. We add the three D's (distance, duration and distractions) plus introduce some new commands in order to help your dog build and keep its focus. The goal continues to be for your dog to do what you say the first time, without repeating yourself.
By the end of the course, your dog should be able to excel at many foundational behaviors, even under highly challenging circumstances.
The course includes:
- Off-leash socialization, including advice about correcting unwanted behavior
- All of the exercises listed below
- The Canine Good Citizen (CGC) certification if your dog passes the 10-step test in the final class
Skills and exercises include:
- Remain calm while you greet another person
- Maintain focus on you even when passing other dogs and people
- Leave things alone unless given permission (even really tempting things, like a pile of treats)
- Go to a place, such as a mat or crate
- Stay for a long period of time, even from a distance, with your back turned, and you completely walking away
- Automatically go to your side when coming to you
- Walk next to you politely (even without a leash), including through a crowd of people and past noisy distractions
- Come to you from a highly distracting activity
- Accept handling of paws and ears, and accept being brushed by another person
- Stay calm while you leave the room for a long duration
Don't just stop at one Manners course and think you're finished - take the next step and enroll in Intermediate Manners so your dog can continue to improve and learn crucial lifelong skills.
David was great and helpful. He really helped our dog and all the other dogs in the Intermediate Manners class. Our dog Ryno is much better on walks and listens. Dialing her in is the key and David helped with that. Practicing at home and watching the videos is a key. Class alone won't cut it.
- Bryan Surek
Time duration: 1 hour per class
Prerequisites: Adult Manners or Puppy Manners at Tucker Pup's
Ages: Your dog must be six months old by the final class, as this age is required for the Canine Good Citizen certification.
Requirements: Click here
Schedule and prices: Click here
Have questions? Call us at 312-829-8787, 365 days per year between 7am and 7pm
Not sure? You can have a free consultation with one of our experts to help decide if this is the right class for you
Don't delay - we take enrollment 365 days per year, and answer calls from 7am to 7pm each day. Any request submitted after 7pm will be processed the next morning. Classes fill up quickly.
- Upcoming classes and prices
- Classes in progress
- Classes vs. private lessons
- Why choose Tucker Pup's classes?