Intermediate Dog Manners and Obedience ClassesEnroll
If you have taken our Puppy or Adult Manners course, this is the perfect next step in order to help your dog reach its potential.
Now that your dog knows the basics, it's time to make all of the exercises much more challenging. We add the three D's (distance, duration and distractions) plus introduce some new commands in order to help your dog build and keep its focus. The goal continues to be for your dog to do what you say the first time, without repeating yourself.
By the end of the course, your dog should be able to excel at many foundational behaviors, even under highly challenging circumstances.
Skills and behaviors include:
- Walk next to you politely (even without a leash), including through a crowd of people and past noisy distractions
- Stay for a long period of time, even from a distance, with your back turned, as you walk away
- Go to a place, such as a mat or crate
- Automatically go to your side when coming to you
- Leave things alone unless given permission (even really tempting things, like a pile of treats)
- Spin around in front of you
- Go into a sit and down from a long distance
- Preparation for the optional Canine Good Citizen (CGC) test
Don't just stop at one Manners course and think you're finished - take the next step and enroll in Intermediate Manners so your dog can continue to improve and learn crucial lifelong skills.
My dog Maggie had a great time in her Intermediate Manners class - she improved tremendously over the course of 6 weeks and is now much more polite! Angela was a great teacher - she was serious about the training while also making it fun during the whole experience. And she was very supportive and enthusiastic during the last class when the dogs passed the CGC test. We will be coming back for the Advanced Manners class in the coming months!
- Ahmeneh Ghavam
Time duration: 1 hour per class
Prerequisites: Adult Manners, Puppy Manners, or Prep School at Tucker Pup's
Ages: No age restriction
Requirements: Click here
Schedule and prices: Click here
Have questions? Call us at 312-829-8787, 365 days per year between 7am and 7pm
Not sure? You can have a free consultation with one of our experts to help decide if this is the right class for you
Don't delay - we take enrollment 365 days per year, and answer calls from 7am to 7pm each day. Any request submitted after 7pm will be processed the next morning. Classes fill up quickly.
- Upcoming classes and prices
- Classes in progress
- Classes vs. private lessons
- Why choose Tucker Pup's classes?