Adult Dog Manners / Obedience Training ClassesEnroll
Our Adult Manners dog training course teaches fundamental skills, listening, and self-control across a number of different behaviors. This is important because as your dog gets older, its desire to listen decreases, making daily interaction such as walks more challenging.
The course includes:
- Training skills. The course teaches skills such as walking without pulling, focusing on you, coming directly to you, waiting patiently before a command is given, not jumping on people, leaving items alone, and more.
- Off-leash socialization. Each class also includes play time, where the dogs get to run and play with the others off leash. This is important for building their socialization and confidence. The trainer will give you advice about what to allow and watch for during play, and how to correct your dog's behavior in an effective manner. If you do not feel comfortable with off-leash play, it is fine to temporarily wait outside the room during this time.
Class discussion. A full discussion of important training topics such as:
- How and why dogs learn
- The importance and use of positive reinforcement
- How many people unintentionally create unwanted behaviors in their dog
- How to successfully use your voice, posture, body language, and more
- Corrective techniques that work
- Training equipment and rewards that we recommend
- And much more
- Access to TrainTrack™. Our proprietary online tool for supplementing your training instruction, that includes:
- Videos of all the exercises taught in class
- Written descriptions of all the exercises taught in class
- The homework for each session
- Ability to log your exercises and keep track of what you need to work on next
- Bonus materials
- Equipment. To help ensure you are as successful as possible
- Treat pouch
- Optional clicker
You will be amazed at what your dog can accomplish in only six weeks!
We had a great time in our Adult Manners class! We felt like each pup in the class received great one-on-one attention from Margaret, and also that the temperament and personality of each pup was really respected and appreciated! We're going to really miss this in our weekly routine!
- Lindsay Culbert-Olds
Time duration: 1 hour per class
Ages: 6 months or older once the course starts
Requirements: Click here
Schedule and prices: Click here
Have questions? Call us at 312-829-8787, 365 days per year between 7am and 7pm
Not sure? You can have a free consultation with one of our experts to help decide if this is the right class for you
Don't delay - we take enrollment 365 days per year, and answer calls from 7am to 7pm each day. Any request submitted after 7pm will be processed the next morning. Classes fill up quickly.
- Upcoming classes and prices
- Classes in progress
- Classes vs. private lessons
- Why choose Tucker Pup's classes?